I tried something different with this mandala. I’ve been using a monoline brush in all the previous drawings, because I wanted the uniform look to the lines. But I wanted to try drawing with a brush that would show the pressure sensitivity. So I tried a different brush.
I think it turned out pretty well. I was able to make the brush much smaller in size than I could with the monoline brush, which meant I could get much finer lines in the mandala. So the inner circles of this mandala have some pretty intricate elements because I had more play with the size of the lines.
The outer layer seems kind of boring and plain, but I wanted to stay with the flower/leaf motif I had going on in the inner layers. Definitely less uniform looking, but much more obvious that it is hand-drawn.