During the holidays, I tried to take advantage of my free time to create and be productive. I made some progress. I wanted to have 10 products ready to go, and so far I’ve gotten 4 of them done. They all have some things I want to tweak, but I’m forcing myself to move on to another item. If I don’t, I’ll spend all my time tweaking instead of working on new things. I can always go back and tweak them later, once I’ve got some spare time.
I’ve also spent time learning. I’ve been playing around with digitally coloring my mandalas, I’ve done some more exploring in iColorama, and this weekend I taught myself how to make my own SVG files to use in my Silhouette Design software.
I decided to take Mandala 25 and color it digitally. Here’s how it turned out:
Once I was done coloring it, I decided to try out iColorama again. I’ve watched a few videos on how to use and discovered all the amazing presets – something I somehow missed the first few times I used it.
I wanted to add some texture and depth to the image. I shifted the colors a bit, using one of those presets, and I added some texture using a couple of different filters. I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out:
It looks like a piece of printed fabric, or perhaps a needlepoint someone stitched. I’ve still got a list of things I want to try out, including using some overlays and filters in Procreate to color in some of the mandalas. But I’m making progress, which is the important thing!