I’ve been working for the past week on figuring out how to sell items here on my WordPress site. I upgraded to Premium for the Simple Payments options and started to slog through the process.
It’s been a long week.
You and me both, stock photo man.
Things I’ve realized as I worked:
- I didn’t need to upgrade to Premium – Simple Payments doesn’t let me provide automatic emails/links for downloading the digital products.
- Inserting my own PayPal buttons on my site was waaaay more complicated than it should be.
- iOS doesn’t play nice with anyone.
- I do not like coding. I can grasp the basics, but any more than that is just frustrating.
- I still need to track buyer’s addresses for sales tax, in case I would go over any given state’s transaction limit for remote sellers.
- No wonder people use Etsy, Amazon, Ebay, and the like – it’s sooo much easier.
So, after working diligently for a week and having little to show for it, I need to take a step back and rethink what I’m doing.
I’m going to give myself a mental break this weekend and have a good long think about how best to achieve what I want. What advice would I give someone else in this situation? And am I brave enough to take it?