It’s Christmas Day! If you celebrate Christmas, I hope you are spending quality time with your loved ones. ♥
In the spirit of the day, I thought I’d share a list of my top 10 favorite Christmas songs. Christmas was my mom’s favorite holiday and I can remember many years spent singing and dancing around in our living room to these songs. Mom made a cassette tape of her favorites – I still have it, even though I no longer own a cassette player.
So here they are, in no particular order:
- The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole
- Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee
- White Christmas by Bing Crosby
- Merry Christmas Darling by The Carpenters
- Holly Jolly Christmas by Burl Ives
- Go Tell It On the Mountain by Jim Nabors
- We Three Kings by Ella Fitzgerald
- You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch by Thurl Ravenscroft
- The Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Andy Williams
- The Little Drummer Boy – tie between the Harry Simeone Chorale and the Bing Crosby/David Bowie duet
There are lots of other songs I’m partial to, but it wouldn’t be Christmas without these 10 on rotation.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and yours. 🙂