Planning for February

It probably seems crazy to already be planning for February, but I am trying to work ahead this year with my planning. Last year I always seemed to be creating things at the last minute and so I was never really happy with how some of my monthly stickers turned out.

I got January 2021 set up near the end of December last year, so I turned my attention to February. February is one of my favorite months – both because it’s short and because it’s my birthday month. 😀

I usually avoid heart-themed things for February, but this year I decided to embrace the hearts while still keeping it relatively simple. I find most of my photos and backgrounds on Pixabay, since everything is free to use (even commercial use!) with no attribution required. So I went heart hunting and found all the reds.

I like how it turned out, even though all the red is not usually my favorite. My cutting machine, however, did not like it and threw a complete fit when I tried to cut the stickers. I must have printed and cut the sheet at least 10 times, and every time it was cutting crooked, ruining the stickers.

I ran my printer out of red ink, I had to reprint it so many times. Eventually, after much cleaning, swearing, and repositioning of the light, it worked and cut the stickers correctly. So they are now in place in my planner and I can look ahead to March and figure out what I want to do for that month.

Last year I went with a Celtic/landscape theme for March, rather than the traditional shamrocks and leprechauns. I don’t know if I want to do either of those or something completely different. We’ll see what inspires me when I go image searching.

Shaky

I wanted to try working on mandalas in Amaziograph again.  It has a lot of options that I just can’t easily replicate in Procreate.  So I spent some time fiddling around.

Amaziograph 2

Ok, weird.  Not sure why it’s cut off in the image, since it wasn’t that way in the program.  But I’ve already deleted the original, so – here it is.  😛

The inner parts are good, if kind of plain.  I was playing around with line weights, as you can see.  Unfortunately, Amaziograph doesn’t have the line smoothing like Procreate does.  So my occasional shakiness is more apparent than I’d like.

Maybe I’ll do some initial designs/drawings in Amaziograph and then push them over into Procreate and make the final images there.  That could work.