Here is the first mandala I published on this blog. I thought it would be interesting to compare it to my latest mandala and decide whether I can see any growth from the start to where I am now in my drawing.
This is my most recently published mandala. I am happy to say that I can see growth and development from where I started. My lines are cleaner, more distinct, and more assured. Even though this latest mandala is not my favorite, it does have a coherence that my first one does not.
It’s definitely been a learning process, and I’m still learning with each mandala I draw. Some day I’ll gather them all together and put them in a book.
I wanted to try working on mandalas in Amaziograph again. It has a lot of options that I just can’t easily replicate in Procreate. So I spent some time fiddling around.
Ok, weird. Not sure why it’s cut off in the image, since it wasn’t that way in the program. But I’ve already deleted the original, so – here it is. 😛
The inner parts are good, if kind of plain. I was playing around with line weights, as you can see. Unfortunately, Amaziograph doesn’t have the line smoothing like Procreate does. So my occasional shakiness is more apparent than I’d like.
Maybe I’ll do some initial designs/drawings in Amaziograph and then push them over into Procreate and make the final images there. That could work.