More experimentation with digitally coloring the mandalas. Anne over at Anne’s Immaterium had asked about using one of my designs in a D&D game, which I thought sounded fun.
I started thinking about how I might use them myself, and then I decided to see what they might look like. So I colored in one of the designs in Procreate.
Nice, but not exactly what I had in mind. So, I opened iColorama and played around with various filters and things there until I had something I liked.
After a few false starts, here is what I ended up with:
I like how it looks like a fresco or something you’d find painted on an old wall. It looks like some of the paint has been worn off – by time, people touching it, who knows?
One of the things I like to do is paint miniatures for my Dungeons and Dragons© games. My children love to play as well and so we’ve purchased various miniatures for use in our games.
When 3D printing hit the scene years ago, I was excited to see what that would mean for miniatures. One of the cool things we discovered was a website called Hero Forge. Using their site, you can customize your miniatures for your player characters. You can either have them print the mini and ship it to you, or you can purchase the file and print it yourself. We’ve done both, but our 3D printer just doesn’t do quality minis.
The picture above is a gnome rogue that one of my kids designed for their character. It’s a gnome rogue printed by Hero Forge in their basic plastic. I think it turned out pretty well. Now if I could just figure out how to take better photos!