I finally sat down and finished up the half-painted minis that have sat on my painting table for the last few months. Two of them were done except for sealing and three had just a few minor details left. With those done, that leaves me only two – TWO! – minis from my forgotten hoard to paint. I’m going to be working on one, but the final one needs a slotted base, which I don’t have, so I won’t complete him until I can scrounge one up.
The first one is actually a plastic mini from the Wrath of Ashardalon board game. I saw Azazel doing this and thought I would give it try. I used the contrast paints, so it’s not very detailed, but it is still loads better than the lump of red plastic it used to be. Someday in the future, when we can play in person again, all the eyeballs will be scary, I’m sure. 🙂
Next up is a dwarf fighter. I’ve been trying out the different contrast paints for hair, and I like how they are coming out. This guy is mostly armor, so not a lot of detail, but I tried to add it in where I could. I painted the rivets bronze as well as the star on his shield. I also think his eyes came out well – some of the best ones I have managed to date.
After the dwarf was an elf ranger. She drove me a bit batty. Her hand/bow had to be attached, which made painting it easier. However, the darn thing did not want to STAY attached. I think I’ve glued it three different times now. Knock on wood she survives on the table.
Lastly, a pair of fighter twins. I don’t know how I ended up with two of these, but I did. There was also a bit of faffing with these, as the bow/quiver was a separate piece. Again, nice for painting, but a pain to attach. They’ll make nice guards or something like. They had a surprising amount of detail, but a lot of it was armor. Still fun to paint, though. 🙂
Now that this lot is done, I can finally move on to my 3D printed Critical Role minis that have been languishing in boxes for almost a year. 😀 And no more faffing about with gluing on arms or bows or quivers or axes or backpacks!